Monday, January 12, 2009

A Beautiful Michigan Morning



I don't understand the weather this morning. It was 10 degrees and the surrounding schools had fog delays. Everything is covered with that beautiful white frosty snow/ice. The dogs and I took a walk around the property to enjoy. The pictures above and to the right are about 200 feet from the back of my house. The deer have been in there and all the hot wire fences are down. Will have my work cut out for me in the spring. They have never foraged in my little wood lot so I'm thinking they must be hungry. All our snow must be taking it's toll. I heard on the radio that December had the record snowfall for Michigan - EVER.
Remember, you can click on these pictures for enlargement - especially if you want to see my dear Cassie under the trees.






Of course, I had to give you a shot of the barn. It's so nice to have energy left over after feeding and watering in the morning. Josh is working out incredibly. He is coming 3 days a week and I, surprisingly enough, am having no trouble leaving the poop hauling for him.
I think the Heat Gods must have been angry at me yesterday. My furnace quit and I had to call a repair man. Of course, being Sunday, it was considered an emergency visit - $s. But I'm happy someone came and fixed it. The humidifier had leaked and dripped all over important things. Scott repaired it and I'm not using attached humidifier. Actually, I have a little cold air vaporizer that I'm running.
I keep a small heater in the tack room in the barn and that decided to also quit yesterday. Will have to replace that soon because I understand that we are in for some really, really cold weather later this week.

11 comments:

Jody said...

Hi Maple...yes we here in Ontario are supposed to be getting frigid weather from Wednesday thru to Saturday. I heard it will be -21 celcius with a windchill of -33 celcius. Sure hope I don't have to go to work extra early on those days!

Pamala Rose said...

Keep warm Maple!

Michele / akkasha said...

*shivers* I am glad you got the heat fixed. That is a terrifying thought given the weather.

I am so happy to hear that Libra is eating loads of gruel. And I love the pic. It is priceless. Like most young ones. More food on the face than in the mouth!

PoetC7 said...

WOW! to that snow! It's so-o-o beautiful. And, I'm very glad you have heat! We've had very warm, very dry weather since early December and are anticipating the arrival of three coldfronts over the next week or so. Of course, that doesn't mean snow like what you have. Oh! No! But cooler temperatures and some rain showers would be very helpful during this oh-so-dry season! My yarn arrived today and it's absolutely beautiful! I'm going to make a scarf, but I don't know whether I'll knit it or crochet it yet. I'll play when I get home tonight and figure it out! Thanks so much to you and Indy! Stay warm and kiss Cassie for me! Best wishes to you and your alpacas from Constance in sunny, south Florida where it's 80 degrees today!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the photos! I know it makes for cold temps, but the trees look so lovely all decked out in winter's embrace. We don't get much of it down here.
Glad you have Josh, gives you more time to enjoy the little things.
Very happy that Junior is doing so well! What rewards you have to show for perserverance. Take care.

Denise said...

Hi, Maple,
We are bracing for below freezing weather this weekend. Derry NH got hit with an ice storm and we were without power for 14 days until Christmas Eve. I am just now catching up online. Thanks for the comments about my socks. I want to see you 'onesies,' even if you don't have the second socks knit. I am a sock nut!
Stay warm!
Denise in NH (fibergranny

skiingweaver said...

Beautiful photos! Love Cassie!! Keep warm - your cold front is heading our way rapidly, brrrrr....

LazyTcrochet said...

Beautiful pictures! Yes, it is a bit brisk here too!

Anonymous said...

Looks like Cassie enjoys the snow as much as my Jake does.

I'm glad you now have a helper for the barn chores. You can focus more on the things you enjoy - perfect.

Unknown said...

What a magical Michigan winter wonderland, Maple, except for the cold, eh? Not so magical, that cold is, huh? ;) lol

Marg

Firefly Nights said...

Snow is beautiful but by now I know you must be REALLY tired of it. Our friends on the U.P. surely are. Just to go to the store or the doctor they plow their own road and then the one mile road leading to the county road. It gets old quick.

Map