Friday, October 23, 2009

Cold Rainy October


Poor Ivan! When I went to the barn this a.m., his door had blown shut, and he was stuck out in the rain for I don't know how long.
The barn was pretty messy. The boy alpacas didn't want to go out into the rain, so left their pooh all over my new cement floor. I need to figure out some type of box to encourage them to to put it in one place. They do want to be tidy. I just need to help. I've been trying to figure something out because during the winter, they do sometimes get shut in.
Today is definitely a stay in by the fireplace and spin day - with my trusty girl, Cassie, of course.


I just finished this skein of slubby yarn and put into my Etsy store. I really like it and wouldn't mind if it didn't sell because I am imagining a skinny, lacey scarf. The fiber is a blend of three of my brown alpacas - Sonata, Orion, and JR. That's Sonata over there →

6 comments:

Crazy Lady with purple fingers said...

That is a beautiful warm brown shade. I Know winter is coming but hate to think about it, we have already had enough snow...Have a great spinning day!!

WonderWhyGal said...

My boys and girls are pooping EVERYWHERE except their "normal" piles. The rain was blowing too hard for me to scoop it today so tomorrow will be awful.

I know what you mean about posting on your Etsy Store. I haven't put most of my yarn in the store because I have already found projects for it. How on earth am I supposed to make money?

Love the rain pic!

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Unknown said...

Beautiful... just beautiful! And yes, as you said on my blog. I can absolutely use and adore alpaca. Its my favorite thing to work with. I prefer to work it actually, softest most wonderful yarn ever :)

Its hard to work with all the time for me because with felting everything shrinks down - and when Im working for myself I will. But for things I don't know about I use wool. Since I don't use patterns normally - I don't want to practice on alpaca

Tracy

Crazy Lady with purple fingers said...

Just a quick hello Maple, haven't heard from you for a while, hope you and your critters are doing o.k. winter just blew in again here yesterday...rain, snow and then ice...not great to walk and drive on.

blossom accountants said...

nice post thanks for update

Map