Monday, October 19, 2009

Fall Harvest in midMichigan


The soy beans that were in this field to the west of my farm were harvested yesterday. Today Matt is plowing the field. I'm always amazed at the way the sea gulls find and follow the plow looking for food. How do they know? And where do they come from? We don't even have big lakes here in the middle of the mitt.

I like this picture of my big ole Ivan taken from my deck yesterday. Horses don't lay down a lot because they can lock their legs and stand up to sleep.

2 comments:

Robin said...

We have sea gulls here in central OH and we have no water near by - It is weird to me too.

Cary ~ My Wool Mitten at Serenity Farms said...

Hi Maple, another great photo of Ivan ;) I have one of Bill and the horses on my blog you might enjoy if you want to take a peek...

Gosh, doesn't the soy bean harvest stir up the ladybugs, too? Miss you, hugs, Cary

Map