Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Felters Using Alpaca

I'm really sorry that this picture came through so small. Nope, you can't click on it to make it larger. Really. It's a needle felted bear that Kathleen from New Jersey, made with some of my alpaca fiber. Go here to visit her Etsy shop McGregor Dolls
You will be amazed at what she can do with a pokey needle and a pile of fluff.
....and this morning I sent a package to Canada full of gray fiber from Reggie. Jennifer has used it in the past for her incredible elephants. Look at her creations on Etsy at Totally Timmy Studio.
These needle felters are amazing!!!! I would never have the talent nor patience to do this - let alone enough band aids to soak up the bloody pokes that I would give myself.

Reggie

5 comments:

Totally Timmy said...

Thanks..I love blogs.Thanks so much for mentioning me. Reggie is so cute. I want my own Alpaca:)

Unknown said...

Just amazing how these talented fiber artists can fashion out of a mass of unformed fiber and a simple needle such engaging delights. And amazing are those who produce the beautiful fiber to put into the hands of these talented fiber artists. They have a special talent of their own... ;)

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

Hi Maple

Reggie is a handsome fella...I love the alpaca bear...hes cute.I would love to be able to make those,but I dont know how to do it, I'll just have to stick to spinning/crocheting...Jayne

woolies said...

You cannot imagine how many times I've stabbed myself with that barbed weapon while attempting to needle felt. I'll leave it to the experts. Knitting needles are safer.
well....sort of....

Alpaca Farmgirl said...

Love that felting! Thanks for sharing.

Map