Saturday, January 5, 2008

A Successful Experiment

I need to share this happy little experiment with you. I finished dyeing the roving on the left and quite a lot of dye was left in my crock pot. So, I poured it into the canning jar, added a glug of white vinegar, and stuffed in the little 95 yard ball of handspun that was waiting for a project in my knitting basket. I zapped it in the microwave for 3 minutes and let it cool. The color was totally exhausted and the yarn came out beautiful because the outer part of the ball was much darker than the inside. Really pretty as you can see below. It was in my Etsy store about five hours before it sold.


island sweet said...

i'm making note of your dyeing tips/experiments for when i finally get to my dyeing/spinning. i've heard that the spindle is harder than the wheel but i didn't want to commit to buying a wheel till i knew i was committed. for now it sits in my studio... i'm not surprised that this wool sold quickly. it's stunning!

Gammy aka Peggy said...

I am not a "pink" person, as you know, but that roving and yarn are gorgeous!!!! Your dye work is gorgeous.