Saturday, December 29, 2007

Between Christmas and New Year's Day......

This is a custom hat that I just finished for Anna in Texas. She and I have had a great time communicating about its creation. Anna said to make it tall so that we can be sure that it covers her ears. I had my daughter Terre, who has a rather large head try it on and it almost covers her eyes, as well as her ears. Anna wanted it 10 inches tall, but I stopped at 9. I spun the brown and white by holding the two colors next to each other to create this nice blend, and then double stranded it while knitting. The top blending is Luke and Celeste, and the bottom is Sonata.

My daughter bugged me today about updating this blog. Yea! I didn't think that she even read me. And she says the other daughter does also.

Tomorrow is the end of our holiday celebrations. All three of my kids will be here, our son-in-law, and the two granddaughters. Son, Rob, has been here since Wednesday and will be going back to Pennsylvania on Monday. I am so blessed to have them want to come home.

7 comments:

Tracy said...

That looks like the most comfy hat in the world. Love the colors. Have a great time with your family today and I hope the new year is good to you. Take care.

kim said...

Glad your daughter got on you to post. I love checking in and seeing what you're up to. The hat looks very warm and snuggly.

Peggy said...

What a wonderful time, to have all your children together. Such fun. The hat is gorgeous and I bet it is warm, warm, warm!!!!

Knitted Gems said...

Glad to know that I am not the only one who insists that hats be long enough to cover the ears. Cold ears are the worst!
Your hat looks so warm. Of course, I just love all the cables in it.
Happy New Year!

Lisa said...

Cute hat! You are going to make someone's head very toasty.

Anonymous said...

That hat looks so cozy and warm! Great job. Happy new year to you! :-)

Can you speak a little louder? said...

I love the hat... and from the picture it doesn't look big! One of the hats I knit this Christmas was for my dear grandson... he has a 'longish' head... I tried to size it on one of my other grandsons and my granddaughter (spinning yet... 7 grands altogether) said, "Nan!, Silas's head is shaped way different!" I had some thinking to do...

Thanks for sharing your spinning tips, I'm going to have to try that... Dulie

Map