Thursday, November 8, 2007

Sharon and Maple Dye

Oh, my, what a fun day! Sharon arrived about 10 this a.m., and by 2, look what we had created. Two pounds of awesome dyed alpaca roving from Sharon's white alpacas. Had she brought more, we would have dyed more. We had three batches going at a time - the crock pot, the broiling pan in the oven, and the roaster on top of the stove.
☼ ☼ ☼
If you don't know Sharon Winsauer, you must go visit her shop on Etsy called AuroraAlpacas. She is my "genius lace pattern making " friend. Maybe you have heard of her Dragon shawl pattern? She just got some awesome roving back from the mill that her alpacas grew for her. I think that she will be listing this in her shop soon, so watch for it.
☼ ☼ ☼
I am very fortunate to have fibery friends living close enough that we can have fun days together.
☼ ☼ ☼
I had just decided to let my grays grow out but kind of like the way my hair looks in this pict. so I don't know..... I'm on the right up above. We are outside my kitchen on the deck.

3 comments:

Zu said...

That roving looks amazing! Beautiful use of color? I think your hair looks better gray. But, thats just me! :-) I find gray hair pretty for some reason. I probably won't when my hair turns gray though! Ha! :-) Anyway, you're pretty either way my dear. ;-)

Peggy said...

Oh what fibery fun!!!! Wonderful colors. I like your fiber the color it is too!!!! :)

Knitted Gems said...

I love the roving you dyed. It's so pretty and bright. Lucky you to have a friend to dye and spin with!

Map